luni, 15 iulie 2019

Google Nexus 7 Review and Some Tips

People don't compare this to the iPad but actually now that I've played around with it I feel you can kind of compare it to an iPad. Initially I really didn't want the 7" screen and would have preferred a 10" but after owning it I do now prefer the 7" because I can hold it in 1 hand. With a 10" like the iPad it's not as easy to hold. It's a nice size for games and traveling.

The Nexus 7 is just as good as an iPad for games and will save you about $200 over an iPad if you are looking for a tablet device. Most popular games are available for Android. Android tablets have not been popular so some apps you might find still need some catching up.
Here are things I feel people might want to know or that I found important.

Home Screen:

Works nice and very smooth, they added the feature Home Screen doesn't rotate but this app will fix that for you and allow you to rotate the screen when you turn the device horizontal. It's called "Ultimate Rotation Control".

Image result for Google Nexus 7 Review and Some Tips
Microphone:

This still annoys me with all Android devices I've tried yet! I thought they would have fixed it by now. If you yell loud into the microphone it gets all distorted more than it should. The Nexus 7 still does this. Now I've only tested it in full on the Samsung Galaxy player. Both distort and annoy me. Apples iPod touch can hand yelling and loud sounds a lot better than the Nexus 7. It takes a lot to distort Apple device microphones. When I say Apple devices I am talking about the Apple iPod and assuming their other devices have the same mic. I do know the old iPod Nano video did have a horrible mic but that is no longer around. Maybe there is a better Android app out there for recording, I'll have to still look around but I think part of this issue might be the "AGC". Some apps let you shut it off. That definitely helped on my Galaxy Player 5. I record me playing guitar and stuff with music on these devices which is why the microphone to me is important.

Speaker:

The speaker is pretty good but not blasting. It's kind of like an iPad speaker I would guess, maybe a little lower. I don't have an iPad with me to compare. The Nexus 7 defiantly is not louder than an iPad speaker from what I can tell. My Galaxy Player 5.0 has better speakers. They are a lot louder and more have a little more bass than the Nexus in my opinion. If you are using the Nexus 7 with Bluetooth speakers to blast music it's not an issue. Don't get me wrong you definitely can listen to music on the Nexus 7 you just can't blast the heck out of a room with it like a stereo that no one can talk over. It's a good volume.

Camera:

There is no flash on the Nexus 7. There is only a front face camera, no rear camera. There is no camera app on it, but you can download it from the Play Store, just search for "Camera launcher for Nexus 7". Photos and videos are what you would expect from a 1.2MP. Nothing amazing but does take pictures and video if you have lighting where you are shooting. There is no flash.



Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu